Thursday, June 21, 2012

*** Crystalline Desk ***

I Believe is one of the most impressive Transformations.... 


 The curvy silhouette,
 the beauty on its top wood grain, the storage space on its nine drawers and the little size...
All of that catch my eye to buy this old desk at a local Church Spring Market!


Immediately knew should be feminine, romantic, delicate...
I have paint leftover from a chair, Crystalline from Benjamin Moore to paint the body. On its drawers I got my own recipe of chalk paint using a Cream leftover paint from Behr.


 And the top....ahh the top....Decide to keep the heart of the piece intact, to show its original beauty...


The knobs are original with added embelishment. I had the beautiful antique rosettes, my sister got those from a yard sale in an Old Town Maryland, then she passed to me!
They are Perfect for this piece! I spray painted the knobs with Krylon Caramel Latte, in satin finish.




The versatility of this piece is incredible, can be used as a vanity, or a desk in your office or into your own bedroom, is small so you can place this piece in any room adding beauty and personality to the decoration... 






Look at the shape!!
 All the edges finished with Poly semi gloss, the rest waxed for protection with Minwax Finishing Wax
This wonderful desk is for SALE at my booth in  "On A Whim"
Hope you fall in love with it...

Thankful! Jacqueline

1 comment:

  1. I WOULD LOVE TO FEATURE YOUR DESK IT TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL, I LOVE THE KNOBS, IF THIS WOULD BE OK WITH YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW,
    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete