Friday, April 13, 2012

OLD WOOD CANDLE HOLDERS


I found them in a thrift store and paid around $6 for both
solid pine wood, great size and excellent conditions!



When I realized they had a plain look, the idea to add some texture and modern elements stuck in my head..



Fern leaves a great green theme for these traditional pieces


Well..... the color was a big concern! and finally choose Oyster Bay  from  Sherwin Williams and later applied a white acrylic to the leaves to keep interest in texture...


I distressed all the edges and Yes! this was a difficult job!
But at the end they turned out beautifully, a soft color, a modern look, to add a chic touch to any room. What do you think??

Thankful! Jacqueline

3 comments:

  1. How pretty! I love your transformation with the lighter color and a little leaf pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's Kelly! They are very special! After all the work I fell in love! ...
      They'll be at Lucketts Spring Market to sell! I can't wait to see who special person is going to enjoy them at home!

      Delete
  2. Wow, beautiful Wood Candle Holders! I really love the colors and the gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete